Monday, September 1, 2008

Worked out a solution...


After consulting with "experts", all of which reccomending using solder, which meant to me:
breaking the seal, that gorilla glue is tough stuff, have to do some heavy pounding or torqueing with a real possibility of bending the metal too much and then dealing with another, bigger problem as well as being back to square one.
Then sweating it together which means applying heat which may affect the other soldered or brazed sections (of which there are a lot...all that inside tubing for instance) which may lead to more complications and I don't think I have the courage to open up this pandoras box of problems.
Making a long story shorter, I had a rubber pipe coupler that I cut narrower and slapped it on that puppy, .........It withstood the garden hose water torture test!

No comments: